Develop students’ abilities of independent thinking and self-learning, so that they can face adversity, make reasonable judgments and deal with different challenges.
Create a favourable learning environment for students and cultivate students’ positive values and attitudes, so that they are equipped to be competitive and reasonable global citizens.
An extensive variety of activities are conducted by our department to nurture students’ ten priority values and attitudes: “Perseverance”, “Respect for Others”, “Responsibility”, “National Identity”, “Commitment”, “Integrity”, “Care for Others”, “Law-abidingness”, “Empathy” and “Diligence”. We also implement the revised Curriculum Guidelines on Moral and Civic Education by the Education Bureau.
Sharing of National Education during the Morning Assembly
- To help students building a better understanding of our country and increase their sense of national identity, student representatives regularly share the recent development in China with the whole school during the morning assembly under the guidance of our teachers.
Weekly National Flag Raising Ceremony
- To aid students develop a sense of belonging to the country and enhance their sense of national identity, our school conducts the national flag-raising ceremony weekly and the national anthem is played and sung during the national flag-raising ceremony.
Flag Raising Ceremony Training
To train students to learn the proper flag-raising ceremony procedures, our committee invited some external organizations to provide training for students. During the training, students learnt about the basic foot drill, flag-raising etiquette, lowering of the flag and knowledge of and history of our country. Thereby promoting national education and strengthening students’ recognition of their national identity.
External Competitions – “My Future Hong Kong” Drawing competition
The MCE Committee invited students to participate in the “My Future Hong Kong” Drawing competition to encourage them to illustrate their ‘dream homeland’ and express their vision of Hong Kong as an ideal place to live through imagination and creativity. Two of our students won the outstanding award and their artworks are shown below:
External Competitions – “National Day 2022: Love Hong Kong” Photo Competition
The MCE Committee invited students to participate in the “National Day 2022: Love Hong Kong” Photo Competition to celebrate National Day together. Students can present the most aesthetic and unique side of Hong Kong by taking pictures of the beautiful scenery of Hong Kong. Simultaneously, students can appreciate the city and appearance of Hong Kong with the use of their imagination and creativity and share it with others. At last, two students from our school won the Bronze Award in the youth category and three students won the most distinguished award in the youth category. Their artworks are shown below:
Environmental Leaders and Environmental Ambassadors
- Environmental awareness should be cultivated from a young age, so that we will have the awareness to care for the earth. To promote environmental protection and raise students’ environmental awareness, the MCE Committee trains students to be Environmental Leaders and Environmental and Energy Conservation Ambassadors. They regularly assist teachers to promote environmental protection in the school and they learn about different environmental knowledge and skills, so that they can develop green habits. At the same time, they also promote environmental awareness to their fellow students. To better equip students in promoting green practices in school, they are nominated to participate in various internal and external outdoor environmental activities such as the “Basic Environmental Badge” organized by the Environmental Campaign Committee.
Sharing of Environmental Education during the Morning Assembly
- To enhance students’ awareness of environmental protection, environmental leaders would regularly share the school’s environmental protection measures and recycling tips with the whole school during the morning assembly under the guidance of our teachers.
External Competitions related with environmental conservation
To inspire students’ creativity, broaden their horizons and raise students’ awareness of environmental issues outside the classroom, the MCE Committee encourages students to enthusiastically participate in competitions related to environmental protection so that their creativity and competition experience can be increased. In the past two years, students have performed well in the “Go Green, Act Green Interschool Contests”. Our student Liu Yilin had won the “Greenest Coloring Award’ in the creative colouring competition in 2022 and Ng Ching Yi had won the “Greenest Slogan Award” in the Slogan Competition in 2021.
Other students’ artwork
Reward Scheme related to Environmental Conservation
To encourage students participate more in activities related to environmental protection and to contribute to the protection of the global environment, the MCE committee recommends students participate in relevant award schemes. Many students stood out in the program and obtained excellent results. An S5 student Ng Ching Yi had won the 7th Hin Sang Scholarship – Environmental Protection Reward Scheme. In addition, some students actively participated in environmental protection activities at school. Thus, they were recommended to receive the award of Outstanding Student Environmental Protection Ambassador by the Environmental Campaign Committee.
” Upcycling” Campaign
To arouse students’ interest in waste recycling and reduce waste, as well as to support waste recycling through action, the MCE Committee organizes upcycling workshops regularly to instruct students how to transform waste materials into more valuable products.
Students used coffee grounds to make skin scrubs
“Visual Accessibility 2022” Barrier-free Photography Competition for Secondary School students
- The MCE Committee invited students to participate in the “Visual Accessibility 2022” Barrier-free Photography Competition for Secondary School students. Students are encouraged to use photos to enhance the public awareness of the visually impaired, mutual respect and acceptance, and to build an equal and inclusive society. At the same time, they have met different needs of the community through the photography society. Their artworks are shown below:
Volunteer service – Distribution of anti-epidemic service bags
- During the epidemic period, students showed warmth and love through their actions. They made anti-epidemic service bags and sympathy cards after-school and sent them to all teachers and students. Through their actions, they helped and cared for those in need around them.
Students were distributing the anti-epidemic service bags